Summertime is my favorite time of the year in spite of the unbearable heat. I enjoy the positive sunshine vibes, the beauty in nature, the fruit and most importantly, the clothing. It is tempting to walk into Forever 21 and splurge on this season’s trendy clothing. Bleached cut-off shorts, colorful crop tops, light weight palazzo pants and cute print tops- summer clothing is freeing and fun. To keep myself from breaking the bank, I decided to DIY and re-fashion some of my basic wear into stylish summer apparel. I’m going to share with you just how I did this. Here’s how to make a Do-It-Yourself Printed Summer Tee. Materials
- A stamp with a design of your choice (you can make it or buy it)
- Fabric paint
- Foam Paintbrush
- A Piece of cardboard
- Lay your t-shirt on a flat surface and smooth it out.
- Take the cardboard and place it inside of your shirt. The cardboard will prevent the paint from bleeding through your t-shirt.
- Use your paint brush to apply an even layer of paint onto your stamp.
- Place your stamp anywhere on your t-shirt and apply pressure to it for 15 seconds. Do not make any sudden movements, or it will cause your design to smudge.
- Continue step 3 and 4, applying your design randomly across the front and back of your t-shirt.
- After your t-shirt dries, iron it (inside out) to set the design.
- Head outdoors and enjoy your newly printed summer tee!
If you like this post, click the “Like” button and then follow Sharifa Creates for similar content. You can also follow Sharifa Creates through Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and Facebook (links are in the side bar). What is your favorite part of the summer? Comment below!
– Sharifa Creates –
P.S. Pictures of me wearing this top are coming soon! 🙂
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
2 Chronicles 7:14