There’s beauty in learning how to persevere. In spite of the setbacks you face, you must complete what God has called you to do – no matter how large or small the task. Refuse to let procrastination, perfection, or blatant fear hinder you. When you reach a breakthrough, you’ll realize that every hardship you faced worked to develop your character in Christ. That makes the victory even sweeter.
You’re probably wondering what perseverance has to do with a blog post titled “How To Make Glitter Coasters”? I started this tutorial in November of 2016. (Yes, it was that long ago!) I was insecure about what I originally created and decided to shelve the project. Over a year passed before I was inspired to try again. I took new photos and video and edited some old footage until I was satisfied the result. Learning to persevere in something as simple as a blog post motivated me to tackle other projects I gave up on.
Hopefully as you make these glitter coasters, you’ll be motivated to persevere too!
How To Make Glitter Coasters
- Paint (2 colors)
- Glitter paint (choose a color that matches one color of your selected paint)
- Ruler and chalk
- X-acto knife
- Cutting board
- Masking tape
- Palette knife (optional)
- Use the chalk and X-acto knife to mark and cut a 4 inch square from the corkboard.
- Apply tape to the square at a diagonal.
- Paint three layers of the first color of paint onto one side of the coaster. Allow the paint to dry between layers.
- Remove the tape and attach it to the other side.
- Repeat step three with the second color of paint.
- Apply two layers of glitter paint to the side of the coaster that matches its color. Use a paintbrush or palette knife to apply the paint.
- Allow 24 hours for the paint to dry and set before using your coaster.
If you enjoyed this blog post, be sure to hit the like button below and share it on social media. Then subscribe to the Sharifa Creates newsletter to receive more creative, crafty content!
Take 15 minutes today to read, write down, and meditate on this scripture: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” – Hebrews 12:1-3, NIV
I have started a monthly newsletter! This newsletter provides you with resources for building your relationship with Christ as well as blog updates. It is named Free Woman, Create! Sign up to receive devotionals, scripture reading calendars, and other creative content. Newsletters are sent on the last Wednesday of each month. The next one goes out on March 28th! Click here to sign up!